Tim in Germany!

April 12, 2006

Enjoying Paris

Well, they werent lying. Paris really is a beautiful city.

Ive been here for a couple days now. I tried to post yesterday only to have the internet crap out on me. So, Ive done all the big tourist traps here, with spending as little as I could (they also werent lying when they said it was expensive, 2€ for an expresso, 7€ for a pint of beer!!!)

Saw the Louvre today; which was really cool, the Eiffel tower was overrun with tourists, so we didnt get a chance to climb the stairs as we had hoped, and I checked out the Science and Tech. museum here, cause, well, Im a geek.

checked out Notre Dame cathedral, as well as les Invalides, and a whole slew of other stuff. I leave for good ol Stuttgart tomorrow, and am looking forward to going home, it will be nice. Its been almost a month on the road, and Ive gotten my fix of travelling for a while now. In fact, school starts up soon, and I have to work at my new job until then; so life will be definitely slowing down soon, but Im ready for it.

Anyways, i will be posting lots of pics, a few movies, and overall impressions and thoughts of the places Ive been in a day or two, once i get my ass settled down.

2 Comments:

  • a few notes:

    1) I stayed at the flying pigs hostel, but the one south of downtown i think (near the park). Definitely a cool place to stay.

    2) Travelling with females... ah yes. I know exactly what you mean. Try having that be only one female who ISN'T your girlfriend. One week with her cost me the same as the next 3 weeks combined.

    3) in Paris, the Basilique de Sacre Coeur is pretty cool... though i suppose you no longer have time to check it out. Just watch out for those fuckers trying to get you to put your finger in a loop of string.

    4) i'm surprised actually that you had problems climbing teh stairs at the eiffel tower. For me there was a 2 hr wait to take the elevator, but no line at all to climb the 700 or whatever stairs. Damn that was tiring.

    Ave

    By Blogger Ave Yuen, at 9:46 PM  

  • thanks for the info

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home