Tim in Germany!

March 25, 2006

More form England

Ive spent the last couple days running around the country a bit. Dionne had a busy day Thursday, so I figured I would go out and see Stonehenge. I took a train to Salisbury, found a quaint B&B to stay at, and took a bus to Stonehenge. It really is an amazing sight. Its really odd, however, as they really are just a bunch of ginormous stones in the middle of nowhere. They are an awesome sight though, mostly due to the mystery surrounding them.

I proceeded to spend that night looking for a real downhome British Pub in which I can interact with some locals. I found one, and had a great night. I really like the pub culture, its very comfortable and warm. I got schooled by the barkeep on the temperature of the beers, and the locals were interested in what I was doing in their pub. It was definitely off the beaten path, and was not part of the standard Tourist thing in Salisbury, but it was pleasant. I stumbled out there with a nice and slightly intoxicated smile on my face.
One of my favourite parts of the city was my walk along the Avon River into town. The B&B was a bit outside of town, so it made for a very peaceful stroll. Its a really nice town, and I encourage anyone in the area to spend a day there.

well, Im back in London, and we will be checking out some good markets today, I need to get a few odds and ends before I take off to Tunisia on Tuesday. Im really hoping to see some of the famous London music scene tonight. I know Dionne has some other family stuff to do tonight, so I will be adventuring into some music clubs tonight. One of the dudes I met at the pub in Salisbury is from London, and gave me some good names to check out. I will let ya know how I liked it.

And for now, I actually ate this... it was kinda a drunknen dare by the barkeep, I have a rule to try everything once, so I devoured it. It wasnt as bad as it looks, but a pickled egg is a pickled egg...

2 Comments:

  • GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME IN THE PUB IN SALISBURY{THE VILLAGE.THE BARKEEP WAS IN FACT THE OWNER (JOE). YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED THE PORK SCRATCHINGS AS WELL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 PM  

  • I remember stone henge when you could still go in and walk around the stones...in fact I've got a great picture somewhere of my little brother standing on top of the rocks. He's so awesome it's disgusting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home