Tim in Germany!

February 17, 2006

Trying week

Well today classes are finished. This means exams are only around the corner. I like how we choose when we do our exams here. If I dont think I'll be ready till April, i dont take the bitch till April. Its a nice easy feeling. I have decided, however, to do these Canadian styles and get em all done ASAP. Im used to cramming for about 2 or 3 weeks to get everything done, so thats what im gonna do (actually, I still feel as though im giving myself lots of time as I have about 2 weeks between exams...2 WEEKS!!! what the hell am i gonna do with all that time?!)

so I scheduled my first one for Wednesday, its the math course Ive been taking, and most of it has been review so Im not too concerned about it. Although, it is my very first oral exam so I dont really know what to expect, but we'll see how it goes. The Europeans think Im crazy, as they take around 1 month per exam. If you ask me, get it over with, no use dragging out that much torture; crazy bastards, I think. Plus, I want some time to travel.

As the post suggested, it has been a very trying week for me. Not only was I sick as a dog with one of the worst flu's Ive ever been hit with, but my dad's brother passed away as well. Its really sad, as he was a great guy with a huge heart, but the cancer did him in. It wasnt a surprise, as he has been really sick for a while. I saw him over the Christmas break, and I knew that was the last time I would see him, but its never easy even when youre prepared. I wish I could have been there for the funeral, its strange grieving so far from everyone else.

So it's been an emotional rollercoaster for me, but I hope after exams start going, its going to be
a bit smoother. I can immerse myself in physics for a month and hopefully get something out of it. Im also starting to talk to profs about thesis projects. I'll post more when I start really talking to them, but there are many various themes and topics for me to choose from, I really have to make a solid decision in the next couple months though, so I can prepare all my coursework, etc, and whatever else is needed for me to do it properly.

Anyways, I have my last class of the term right now. Take care everyone

t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home