Tim in Germany!

June 06, 2006

The latest

ok... where to start?

My parents arrived on Friday afternoon, and I settled them into the hotel on campus. It was quite the deal, and they got a great breakfast included.

We then left early Saturday morning for Italy, and stayed with my good friend Annalisa in Milan. She was more hospitable and lovely than i could have ever asked for. Not only did she set me up with a bed and a great tour guide (well, herself) for the weekend, but she also let my parents sleep in her grandfathers apartment (who is away in a summer house), which is so much more than we expected. she was a sweetheart all the way.

We then drove to Cologne to see my German buddy Kurt. It was a bit shorter than we would have liked to stay but it was great to see him as always. On the way there, we got stuck in a detour in Switzerland as a major tunnel was closed. So we ended up taking this long, windy path that took us to the very top of some of the Alps, some 2100 m above sea level. I was driving, and it was probably he most stressful drive of my life. there were huge tourbuses winding their way around these thing roads, literally coming within cm's of our car. Luckily everything worked out in the end, as it always seems to do.

I am now in Amsterdam with the folks, and we are enjoying it thus far. I dont have much time. I will post pictures when i get back, either Friday or Saturday. But for thos who actually read this thing, this is what has been happening in my life recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home