Tim in Germany!

October 13, 2005

Freedom and damn good reefer

I finally have some free time and Im recovered from my one single night in Amsterdam on the weekend. Here's the brief story.

We rented a Mercedes E500 for the weekend. There were 5 of us, including Ashleyfrom Whitey and his buddy Ryan. They had just finished a 3 week bender throughout Europe. Im very jealous of their trip. Ask Ash for the full details, but they have some funny ass stories.

The car was a pretty good deal, only because we had 5 of us. In the end, the transportation including gas (which is super ass expensive here, really, Canadians have nothing to bitch at) was less than a single way ticket by train. AND...I got to drive on the Autobahn, which was a great great great experience. If anyone is planning on coming to Germany with some friends, driving, even for a few days, is a great time. I took this beast, fully loaded with 5 dudes, up to 220 km/h and it was cruising with a hum. We all laughed, cause North American cars let you know around 160, that theyre not likin it, and by 200, the car is shaking enough for you to fly off the road. There is definitely a superior level of automobile here. I was very impressed, even though its a simple station wagon here.

We arrived in Amsterdam around 3ish on Saturday, found an underground car park right next to the central station (turned out to be a very expensive decision, but again, over 5 people, its a good deal). We started the bender as soon as we could get to a coffeeshop. Once we got stoned, we went to find one of the real nice coffeeshop's, like Barney's. I only know this place from Aaron. It's definitely a tourist place, but their weed has won many Cannabis Cup's, and the atmosphere is really cool. I smoked from a Volcano vapourizer, which was a treat. I made a video of it inflating, ask me if you want to see it.

Umm, after there, it was kinda a blur, we ended up frequenting many odd coffeeshops, bars, restaurants, shish bars, till about 3 am when the bars and clubs were starting to close. We were wandering aimlessly looking for a place to consume more...well, whatever we could find, really. We see this guy talking into a wall mic next to a door, and the door buzzer goes off and the guy opens it and walks in. We saw people in there, so decided to catch the door before it closed and walk in casually. We lucked out, as it was a British members club. We got some stares as we were obviously wasted and not all british, but they served us and let us chill there till they closed around 4. We figured there was nothing left to do in Amsterdam at 4am, but only when I showed the guys the red light district. Ash, Ryan, and myself have already been to the city, and we've seen our share of the insane world that is controlled prostitution, but anyone's whos never been walking through those streets, has to do it once. My two American buds though had never been, so it was right time to take a walk.

Theyre faces were priceless. They really didn't know what to say. To us, prostitution is a very secretive and downright dirty thing. But seeing the sex organized in little windows with a 'On Duty' light above them, is really mind blowing. So anyway, we take our tour of the red light, and figure its time to get some sleep. We were planning on sleeping in the car lot and finding a place in the morning to sleep. We were getting settled, when I decided I have to pee. I ask the security guard who we've seen every time we go in and out, and he tells me theres no washrooms in the area. In my drunken state, I walk downstairs to where the car is, and decided I gotta go, no matter what. I find a dark corner, and fully knowing there were cameras placed around, I start relieving myself. Not a second after Im done, I hear the guard yellin at me, who's not very happy. Needless to say, he made me give him 45EU then, or he would call the cops and make me pay 90. I knew I was drunk and stupid, and got blatently caught, so I paid the man. My first international fine, now that I think about it.

We were told to go, so we drove out of the parking lot and decided to find a side of the road to crash, which we did. Ryan and Ash had to catch a train at 8, so they left us around 7ish, and we crashed in the car.

After that, our trip turned out to be pretty normal. We had a weed breakfast with Bacon and Eggs, did some shopping, and took off around 5 for home. We were home by 11:30 on Sunday, ready to get up Monday for class. It was a fun trip, weve all decided to do it again.

Since then, Ive been fucking around, sleeping alot, and writing my final test for my german class. Its now all over, had our last class today. I didn't really know that we were being graded for this, but I ended up with a good grade. My grammer and stuff, I got like a B equivalent (they have a Mark system of 1-5, 1 being best (like an A+)). My speaking I got an A+, which its always nice to get, as much as its not a real course. Most days were pretty fun, because we could really say whatever we wanted, as long as it was in German. Some days were long and tiring, which is why Im delighted its over.

Gonna sleep in tomorrow, which is always nice, and try to get some shit ready for the first day of school Monday

t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home