Tim in Germany!

August 24, 2005

Chillin in Freiburg


So I made it to Freiburg no problem. It was a good train, equipped with a fine bar and restaurant. The 6 hours flew by. I chatted it up with a Taiwanese software programmer who was going home to see his family for the first time in months. We were talking alot about the boring routine of most jobs. He said his was no different. I sorta felt bad for him, but he was an intelligent guy, so he knows what's best for him.

This city is just as I remember it. There's the ever looming cathedral in the middle of town that is a part of all older European towns. This one is pretty big and has most of the older streets spiderwebbing from it. Im going to be climbing it today and take some cool shots for posting next. I found a couple cool pictures of this city on the internet. There's these awesome little aqueducts that run alongside the streets, called 'bächle' (pronounced bay-kla). They still have water running through them, I find them hilarious and wicked at the same time.

So last night we made a great dinner, drank some fantastic white wine (the area makes really good white wine that you can' t really buy anywhere else), and some excellent Amsterdam pot. Topping it off with Hanna's first showing of 'Office Space' made for a great night.

I'll be sure to have some good stories for next time. It's early and I'm tired, peace out

t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home