Tim in Germany!

August 20, 2005

Amster-Damn I'm wasted!


So as it always goes, i got retarded in Amsterdam. It all started on the train ride over here. I hopped on my train in Stuttgart around noonish, and took the train to Duisburg, just north of Dusseldorf. I sat next to a cute little girl with wicked hair, Ine. We had a good chat, and I took my leave to switch trains.

My next train went straight from Duisburg to Amsterdam. Within a minute of getting on the train I started chatting up this Scottish dude, Malcolm, and we headed straight for the bar car. There we met a ton of travellers, from an older American couple, who were pretty funny, to these two Italian dudes who spoke German as their native tongue, due to Austria and Switzerland being so close). Whatev. We had a good long chat for the 2 hours as we smoked cigarettes and drank Warsteiners. We hit Amsterdam and, well, of course, headed straight for a coffee shop. I pickedup some lovely Northern Lights, they grabbed some White Widow, and the debauchery began.

By 6 pm, I was wasted, I also had to get in touch with Aaron here to find out where were staying tonight. I called him and he found my drunk ass, took me back, I grabbed a nap, then I was raring to go.

We went out with some off his friends, haha, to a coffeeshop. We drank some Heinekens, and well, smoked more joints. By 3 they kicked us out. We took a little tour of some of the shady areas of the Red Light District. As much as some of the girls were totally hot, I couldnt help thinking what kind of fucked up life they must lead. Ive never been too impressed with the Red Light District, as much as I agree with its principles. Better have them safe and controlled and roaming the streets. I guess the culture shock is still a bit too great for me to openly accept.

We got some pics at the end of the night when we were chillin in Aaron's pad with some of his friends. By 5am, Iwas ready for bed, so here I am, we woke up at 2 pm, Aaron is out getting beers for us to walk the streets with, and Im rolling many a joint for consumption.

Today we are going to check out the Tall Ship Festival, a bunch of old ass Pirate Ships sailed in here from all over the world, and seems like a cool thing to check out . . . on weeeed!

Tonight is a beach party in den Haag, the dutch capital. Should be a good time, I'll make sure we bring a camera.

So far, Amsterdam is just as I remember it. completely insane. I know for a fact, that if I were to live here, Id get sick of the touristy party town pretty quickly, but for now, I AM a tourist, so in the words of Jon Stewart...




Your Moment of Zen....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home